Electronic music was the wave in the late 2000s and 2010s. When EDM became mainstream, musical acts from rockstars to rappers jumped on board the trend. Artists began collaborating with fellow EDM artists or even shifting their music towards more of a "futuristic" sound. In turn, this birthed a subculture that is heavily inspired by Sci-Fi. Whether it be by the beats or just concept, all music within this subgenre is forward-thinking and most of all, hopeful of the future.
There's a creative collective brewing fire in Detroit, Michigan. King Free on the mic, Demigod Freebxll Rome on the mic, Kerwin Clemens on the mix and fire production, along with Milf Melly who together produced 'Love Lost', plus more production and vocals from Rated R Roah and Joseph who also does cover art, along with a few others, when teamed up go by the group name The Lobby.
Combining that east-cost flow with a west-coast vibe, Ms Proper...
....a #go-getter, has been evolving her love for hip hop and perfecting her craft since well before 2005. Her resume is not only impressive, but motivating, setting an example for anyone on the grind:
- in 2005, Ms Proper ("Shantale Person") created So Proper Entertainment which employed a roster of other talented artists in the Virginia area to whom she executive produced albums for.
- In 2007, Ms Proper was selected to perform in her first show at the Byrd Theatre in Richmond, Virginia.
- Since then Ms Proper has released three projects, numerous singles, performed in many venues along the East Coast and South, and also landed a performance on one of BET's most memorable shows, 106 & Park.
- Interned with her mentor Joy Young at J.Couture Productions, then became promoted to an assistant, and then soon after became the first employee of the company by signing on as Project Manager where she participated in many marketing campaigns for artists such as Trey Songz, Kevin Gates, and more.
- Ms Proper released her fourth project and debut studio album, Escaping Reality on XXL, and was also mentioned in the Source as an artist to watch.
- In 2016, Ms Proper toured and performed on the Freedom Tour 2016, Good FXN Vibes Tour sponsored by Winner's Circle Clothing and Official Feature, and was the winner of the "This Is My Year" fan-challenge, in which she was awarded to perform at the A3C Festival & Conference.
- When she isn't behind the mic, Ms Proper not only runs P.E.A.C.E - a community organization based in Los Angeles, CA focused on the importance of the arts in education and childhood development
- but also is the Creative Director of a Branding company called Creative Addix
- And speaks at numerous schools under her own anti-bullying initiative Hip Hop Against Bullying.
Hip Hop Recording artist and songwriter
Catch her perform:
Press and Booking contact:
"With almost of decade of work in Richmond’s hip-hop scene, OG ILLA continues to fight for citywide acceptance. He’s simultaneously the most popular white hip-hop artist in the city and one of the most underappreciated." - StyleWeekly
"From the music to all of his varies business dealings, he embodies what it means to be an independent music mogul on the grind. To be frank, OG ILLA simply finds a way to stay working and relevant." - TheCheatsMovement
OG ILLA shared stages with many hip hop artist such as: Riff Raff, Lil B, Ace Hood, Action Bronson, Hopsin, Dizzy Wright, Los, Vinny Cash, Kid Daytona, Jarren Benton, Phil Ade, Lil Wyte, Cory Gunz and numerous other independent artists.
Pure fire - Independent artist Peniel Howell (born June 15,1988), better known by his stage name 2JaysLeft (Formally known as Produca P), is an American rapper, record producer and engineer from Washington D.C who has been building a catalog of hit after hit.
2JaysLeft released his debut mixtape "Far From Done" in 2013 on Spinrilla - it featured Cheif Keef, Fat Trel, Mike Will (Production) Philade and more. The success of his mixtape led him to become Hot New Hip Hop's "Artist of the week". His music videos, The Introduction, Used To Be & Invincible were all premiered on MTV jams, Revolt TV and Vh1. The video below is his first song released under the name @2JaysLeft. (source: Penie Howell)
Stay tuned for upcoming releases by @2JaysLeft
Artist name: I.Am.Tru.Starr
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4uY17u6sR13GQqRtYnilHn - "hair like basquiat."
Apple Music: https://itun.es/us/clef7
That raw intellectual hiphop sound provided by DMV's highly anticipated unsigned artist Kevin Sinatra, has not gone unnoticed. With features in 2dopeboyz, HipHopHundred, djbooth, and many more Kevin continues to drop classic bangers. While covering one of his early 2017 projects "Sleep Paralysis", Earmilk gave a highlight to his lyrics, stating that "he's making a poignant statement about young black males at the hands of the very institutions (such as police, i.e "angels") built to protect them but instead suffer due to being undervalued in western society."
CDA Management, a full-service artist management company representing a variety of talent in the areas of film/television, modeling, music, comedy, and dance brings yet another phenomenal hip hop lyricist stemming from the home of the black and yellow - LegenDerry a premier up and coming rapper born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Like fellow Pittsburgh MCs, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller, LegenDerry found his musical muse at a very young age. After discovering his musical talent and ambition, he placed his focus on writing, recording, and producing his own music. Through his undying ambition and versatile lyrics, it is evident that LegenDerry stands apart from the rest. For instance check his Pure Imagination project; the track titled Pure Imagination produced by Breaux provides a good example of the quality of sound, style, flow and maturity in LegenDerry's voice - plus its a sick track.
LegenDerry credits his creativity to his father, who was the vocalist for a punk-rock band in his youth. Coming from a musical family background, LegenDerry found his passion for his own style through a musical technology class in high school. There, he began making beats, recording vocals, and learning production. He started a rap group in 9th grade, which received backlash and caused controversy throughout his school. He was bullied for being a white rapper, and eventually relocated to a different high school for his senior year.
One of the most crucial moments in LegenDerry’s career, was his first studio session at MCM studios in Pittsburgh, PA. Everything came naturally - he laid down his first official tracks, and the rest is history. There, he discovered a unique style which is embedded in each of his verses to this day. LegenDerry possesses an extremely original and articulate flow, separated from the competition by his lyrical genius.
Manager Contact Info:
Faith And Brutality (F. A. B) is an American Hip-Hop group formed in 2009, from Pittsburgh PA. The group is comprised of two rappers, known by their stage names, Swerve LG and Kid Flem. Together they form a dynamic powerhouse, blending sounds from early 90's hip-hop with today's popular "Trap Rap".
F.A.B Released their First Single, "Tough Love," on May 6th, 2013, from their Blackboard East Album, and since then have continued to release more and more, performing all throughout the east coast.
Manager Contact Info:
Creative Direction Artist Management